Many of us have real difficulty in achieving a state of sleep in a reasonable time frame. It could be that you are experiencing stresses that make it hard for you to relax and fall asleep. There may be external issues such as noise, light or being in a strange bed that can create a feeling of unrest and unease.
If you are looking for ideas to help you achieve a good nights sleep then we have some listed for you.
Ways to Fall Asleep: #1
- Make your room a restful haven. Remove any televisions or radios that can cause distraction at night. Add some mood lighting to create a peaceful atmosphere. Calming colors such as soft greys, creams and cool blues can give an air of serenity.
Ways to Fall Asleep: #2
- Remove any light that can fill your room. This can be poorly fitting curtains and blinds. Lamps that fill the room with bright light. Make sure your curtains have a blackout layer. This can aid the natural production of melatonin - a hormone that your body produces during the hours when light is fading and night progresses.
Ways to Fall Asleep: #3
- Spend as much time in bright light during the day as you can. This aids the production of melatonin and can help you to get to sleep easier in the evening.
Ways to Fall Asleep: #4
- Try to do something physically demanding every day. This could be anything from a quick walk, using the stairs at work rather than the elevator or going for a 30 minute swim or run after work. If you sit at a desk all day, you will find your sleep is poor quality.
Ways to Fall Asleep: #5
- If you are a caffeine junky then reduce the amount you drink during the afternoon. Avoid any caffeine in the evening completely, drinking stimulants just before bed is a recipe for disaster.
Follow these tips to help you get a better nights sleep and to help you fall asleep quicker.