Need reasons to start doing yoga? The practice of yoga has become popular recently and it’s no surprise. Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years to help improve overall health and obtain a more positive outlook on life.
Here are 6 reasons why you need to start doing yoga
1. Yoga can improve your breathing Breathing is essential to living and a big part of yoga is breathing exercises. The exercises provide a more centered way of breathing which effectively relives stress. Someone with asthma can benefit from yoga, as these exercises open up the lungs and make you feel much better.
2. Yoga can improve your sleep It is important to get 8 hours of sleep each night to be well rested for the day. Research shows doing light activities during nights can help a person sleep better. If you have trouble falling asleep, yoga can help relax you and increase a better nights sleep
3. Yoga is good for your mental and physical strength During yoga, you are using your own body weight instead of weights that will help you become stronger. Do a regular yoga routine and achieve a flat stomach and tone arms. The stretch positions can help strengthen your core and meditation can help improve mental health
4.Yoga can improve your posture Slouch behind a desk? Yoga exercises involve a lot of seated positions that require a straight back that can help improve your posture. Good posture can improve your breathing and walk taller!
5. Yoga is low impact If you have joint trouble, yoga is a low impact exercise that is a great workout
6. Yoga can improve your blood pressure A study showed people with hypertension doing the corpse pose- savasana, which involves lying down. After 3 months, the person that had systolic dropped 25 points in their blood pressure. The person who was diastolic had a 16-point drop in their blood pressure.
Whenever you’re a beginner or advanced, there are several benefits in doing yoga. So pick up a yoga mat and join the journey to better health!
Related articles: Yoga for beginners