Five Things The CDC Wants You to Know About America’s Prescription Painkiller Epidemic
1. Painkiller misuse kills more Americans than car crashes.
2. In the year of 2010 alone, enough painkillers were prescribed to medicate every adult in America, every 4 hours, for an entire month.
3. Prescription painkiller related deaths have reached epidemic levels.
4. 1/20 of the American population admits to using prescription painkillers for non-medical purposes.
5. By not sharing prescriptions with friends,relying on online support groups, and participating in patient review and restriction programs, Americans can essentially halt the epidemic.