Whether playing outside with children, neighbors or friends, summer is the perfect opportunity to get outside and stretch those legs.
Best Outdoors Activities for Big Groups
Get the neighbors together with the following fun games...
- Kickball – this game is great for all ages. As long as you have got an open area and some people to play with, kickball is a great way to pass the time.
- Wiffle ball – wiffle ball follows the same rules as baseball. Its safer for smaller children and the ball won't damage anything. If you have the space to play baseball, go for it! Baseball is also a great summer game.
- Street hockey – street hockey is great for older kids and adults. It's a good competitive sport. Street hockey can be played in tennis shoes or rollerblades if you are feeling more adventurous.
- Ultimate Frisbee – this game can be with a lot of people. Its similar to football, score points in an end zone to win.
- Foursquare – draw a large square on the ground and conquer four square! The person in the 1 box the longest wins.
Want to play a game that doesn't involve any equipment? That's simple! You can play hide and seek, freeze tag, ghost in the graveyard, red rover and many more!
Best Outdoors Activities for Kids
Have kids that want to play outside in the water? Check out these ideas...
- Set a sprinkler in the yard and run through it
- Fill up water balloons and water guns
- Find a slip-n-slide or old tarp – put a little baby oil on so you can slide down faster!
Best Outdoors Activities for Adults
If some of these games seem too childish, there are plenty of things to do in the summer time as an adult. Try some of these ideas.
- Go golfing, disk golfing or mini golfing
- Play a round of badminton
- Go for a bike ride through town
- Attend a baseball game, professional and recreational leagues make for a fun outing
- Go to a drive in movie
- Play a pick up game of soccer or football
- Spend a day at the fair or amusement park
There are unlimited options of outdoor activities. This is just the tip of the iceberg! You can choose a structured outdoor activity or just relax in the sun. The possibilities are endless.