Dark circles under your eyes? Try these tips
You may notice dark circles under your eyes when you wake up, that can make you look tired and older; well you’re not alone. The good news is there are simple fixes for under eye circles!
What causes dark circles?
The skin under the eye is very thin and can become more sensitive with aging. Here are some common causes for dark circles
· Pigmentation discoloring
· Rubbing your eyes hard
· Sun exposure
· From aging—losing fat under the eye and the blood vessels visible
Here's what you do..
· Get plenty of beauty sleep
It is recommended to get 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. Not getting enough sleep can cause the skin under your eyes to become paler and develop the appearance of dark circles.
· Clear away all eye makeup before going to bed
Going to sleep with a clean face and applying an anti aging eye cream under the eyes can give a make awake look in the mornings. Leftover makeup can and clog up pores and as you age, your eyes can look more tired.
· Alcohol in moderation
Drinking can affect the quality of your sleep. Drink in moderation to decrease your chances of black circles
· Eat a balanced meal
Eating balanced meals with more vitamins C, D, and E can help with vitamin deficit. Dark circles are caused from a lack of vitamin K and antioxidants. Eating more leafy greens and fruits, that are packed with magnesium and calcium can improve circulation under the eyes.
· Reduce salt intake
Osmosis occurs from eating salty foods or crying the night before, resulting in morning- after puffy eyes. Osmosis is when water travels to areas of the body where there is high salt content. Water can also build up under the eye from allergies, a sinus infection, or a cold making blood vessels under the skin to appear visible. Not a good look.
· Drink more water
Water helps detox and relax the body. It is recommended to drink about 8 cups of water daily throughout the day. However, avoid drinking too many liquids before going to sleep, as it could create bags under your eyes in the morning.
· Wear sunglasses
Sunglasses will protect your eyes from discoloration if you are going outdoors.
Simple natural remedies for dark circles
· Use cucumber slices to reduce puffiness and appearance of dark circles by placing a slice of cucumber over each closed eye and relax for 15 minutes. Your skin will feel refreshed and eyes look younger.
· Tea bags or an ice cube wrapped in a cloth to your eyes can reduce swelling in the mornings. Allow damp tea bags over each closed eye for other 10 minutes.
· Put a spoon in the freezer until its cool to the touch. Apply the cold spoon to each eye to reduce morning eye puffiness.
· Apply an eye cream that has vitamin K and retinol. These two ingredients can help reduce puffiness and dark circles with long term use.
Covering those dark circles in the morning can take time. Reduce the appearance of them naturally or make healthier choices to your diet. The results will definitely make your mornings easier!
Related articles: Tired of waking up tired? Wake up beautiful