healtheo360 Wellness Blog
What is laughter?
Laughter is the physiological response to humor. Humor is the quality of being amusing or comical, whether expressed through speech or literature. Laughter consists of two parts, a set of gestures and the creation of sound.
healtheo360®, a web portal for people living with chronic health conditions, and Vital Options International, a cancer communication, education and advocacy organization, today announced that David S. Duplay, founder and CEO of healtheo360, has been appointed as chairman of the Vital Options International board of directors. Debby Bitticks, who has served as Vital Options chairman and CEO since 2013, will continue in her role as CEO.
Do you have a family member that recently suffered from a stroke, or brain injury? Did you know that about 750,000 strokes occur each year in the USA?
What is Aphasia?
Occupational therapy (OT) practitioners, researchers, educators, and students host a month-long celebration showcasing the value of occupational therapy. The event demonstrates the profession’s dedication to helping others from pediatrics to geriatrics to prevent or live better with illnesses, injuries, or forms of disabilities.
What is occupational therapy ?
February is National Therapeutic Recreation Month. Along with improving quality of life, therapeutic recreation also has many other benefits:
1. To promote and enhance quality of life
2. To offer activities that are meaningful to each client
3. To enhance or maintain cognitive abilities
4. To enhance or maintain physical abilities
5. To promote emotional and psychosocial well-being
6. To provide opportunity for socialization
7. To offer opportunity for creative expression
8. To offer opportunity for decision making, choice, and responsibility
9. To offer opportunity for spiritual expression
10. To offer solace and relaxation
11. To provide opportunity for fun, pleasure, and enjoyment
12. To offer opportunity to share common interests, cultures, and experiences
13. To promote independence and decreased learned helplessness
14. To provide opportunity to learn new skills, adapt old skills, and enjoy new leisure experiences
Cancer patients living with cancer that has spread to the bone are more often than not addressed with standard radiation therapy to manage and reduce pain. However, is radiation treatment fails or can no longer be safely administered, a new alternative is available.