Male & Female Breast Cancer: Breast cancer is rare among men, accounting for just 1 percent of all cases. Women on the other hand are greatly affected by the disease, with 1 in 8 women developing breast cancer during their lifetime. However, research shows that men affected by the disease have a lower survival rate than women.
healtheo360 Wellness Blog
April is Alcohol Awareness Month, which is meant to help the general public better understand the nature and prevalence of alcoholism. This is imperative as there may be side effects, sometimes fatal, to individuals who suffer from this disease and others around them. We need to disregard the stigma associated with alcoholism in order to help those both directly and indirectly affected by it. Through providing the proper education about alcohol and paving the road to recovery for those who need it, we can hope that the estimated 75,000 lives taken by alcohol abuse every year will diminish.
Did you know that colorectal cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the United States? The goal of Colorectal awareness month is to raise awareness about colorectal cancer and how to take action toward prevention.
What is Colorectal Cancer?
It’s that time of the year again where you may be start to cough, sniffle or sneeze. You may think it’s just a common cold, while others say that you may have the flu. Many get confused with identifying the difference between a cold and the flu; here are a few guidelines to figuring out whether you’re experiencing the common cold or the flu.
Did you know that approximately 50% of students ages 14 and older who are living with a mental illness drop out of high school? Many high school teenagers go through so many issues such as peer pressure, mental, time management, self-appearance, exams and learning about themselves through their teen years.
What is Mental Health?
Did you know that about 1.4 million people die from viral hepatitis? World Hepatitis Day this year is July 28th, 2015. Educate others about hepatitis, learn some prevention tips and treatments for this disease.
What Is Hepatitis?
Did you know that 70 percent of all migraine sufferers are women? June is national migraine and headache awareness month. Throughout this month many people are helping one another to understand the symptoms, the causes, and to educate each other on how to prevent migraines and headaches in the future.
What is a Migraine and Headache?
February is National Therapeutic Recreation Month. Along with improving quality of life, therapeutic recreation also has many other benefits:
1. To promote and enhance quality of life
2. To offer activities that are meaningful to each client
3. To enhance or maintain cognitive abilities
4. To enhance or maintain physical abilities
5. To promote emotional and psychosocial well-being
6. To provide opportunity for socialization
7. To offer opportunity for creative expression
8. To offer opportunity for decision making, choice, and responsibility
9. To offer opportunity for spiritual expression
10. To offer solace and relaxation
11. To provide opportunity for fun, pleasure, and enjoyment
12. To offer opportunity to share common interests, cultures, and experiences
13. To promote independence and decreased learned helplessness
14. To provide opportunity to learn new skills, adapt old skills, and enjoy new leisure experiences
New cases of prostate cancer number about 233,000 annually, making it the second most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in the USA. But how much do you know about prostate cancer? Let’s take a look at some of the myths about the disease and also learn facts about prostate cancer.