Baby Boomers (1946-1964) often think it is too late for them to start a healthy fitness plan. The truth is, taking simple strides toward incorporating exercise daily is just as important for baby boomers as it is for younger generations. There is no need to train for a marathon or put another lofty goal in place. Through taking small steps each day, baby boomers will find themselves feeling great, healthier and with an overall improved quality of life.
healtheo360 Wellness Blog
As you age, your lifecycle nutrition needs change along side it. Learn what adjustments you need to keep up with changing nutritional needs. At it's core, a healthy diet remains fundamentally the same at age 25 to 65+.
The process of consuming food then extracting and converting it into what the body needs puts stress on the body. To counter this, we need to be aware of what we ought to eat to fit our changing lifecycle nutrition needs. We need to strike a balance between different nutrimental foods to get us to looking and feeling our best. However our needs for specific nutrients change with age.
February is National Therapeutic Recreation Month. Along with improving quality of life, therapeutic recreation also has many other benefits:
1. To promote and enhance quality of life
2. To offer activities that are meaningful to each client
3. To enhance or maintain cognitive abilities
4. To enhance or maintain physical abilities
5. To promote emotional and psychosocial well-being
6. To provide opportunity for socialization
7. To offer opportunity for creative expression
8. To offer opportunity for decision making, choice, and responsibility
9. To offer opportunity for spiritual expression
10. To offer solace and relaxation
11. To provide opportunity for fun, pleasure, and enjoyment
12. To offer opportunity to share common interests, cultures, and experiences
13. To promote independence and decreased learned helplessness
14. To provide opportunity to learn new skills, adapt old skills, and enjoy new leisure experiences
It’s 2015 and you’re ready to knockout your health and fitness goals. With healthcare costs predicted to rise this year, taking better care of yourself becomes your best hope. That's where these high achieving health and fitness apps come in.
Luckily that smartphone that gives you access to information such as nutrition, health or fitness has endless capabilities. And endless cat videos for when you have a hankering for cuteness. But with hundreds of thousands health and fitness apps available, it’s hard to pick one you can use. No worries! Team healtheo360 has handpicked the top 9 health and fitness apps that are effective and get top results.
Get on board the health train for 2014! This summer, introduce yourself to this simple guide to wellness developed by Mary Bentley, an Associate Professor at Ithaca College. Watch your mind and body pick up a new lease on life.
The 5-for-5 Wellness Guide is simple enough. Do 5 healthy activities for 5 days each week. Soon enough, those five days will become 365 and those activities will become a normal part of your health routine!
TUESDAY, April 1 (HealthDay News) -- There is a host of health benefits of running, including weight control, stress reduction, better blood pressure and cholesterol.
iStock/Thinkstock(MIAMI) -- Florida may be the "Sunshine State," but it has a stunning number of options for catching artificial rays, too.
The WAGS program at SFO brings therapy dogs to the airport.(San Francisco International Airport)(SAN FRANCISCO) -- San Francisco International Airport is the latest to go to the (therapy) dogs.